Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how in the heck can I UN-alphabetize my favorites?

• Please log in to reply

dustman

dustman

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello,

Every once in a while I find that "something" has taken it upon itself to alphabetize my "favorites" in Internet Explorer. I go to all the trouble to drag them back into place, and as soon as I close favorites, they are all back in alphabetical order!

I went online, typed in "un-alphabetize favorites" and found a gazillion entries all asking the same question, and all getting the same answer for the question "how do I alphabetize my favorites?" All were told to right click on the open favorites menu, the click "sort by name". This actually alphabetizes the favorites list.

Doing it again doesn't reverse it, either. LOL

How do you UN-alphabetize the list, in such a way that the favorites stay where you put them?? This is driving me crazy!!

Thanks for any responses!

Dusty

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No idea how you do it in IE but i use firefox and it doesnt alphabetise and instead of having an annoying toolbar from yahoo or whatever under the adress bar it has an empty bar you can drig clickable links of your favourite sites into.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you click on the favorite's menu up at the top....there's an option to organize favorites...try dragging them around in there...instead of just in the favorites menu (no idea if this will make a difference or not...just a stab in the dark)

dustman

dustman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello, Warriorscot and dsenette!

Thank you so much for the responses! Rearranging the items while actually in the "organize favorites" by clicking onto them one at a time and dragging them up and down until I had them the way I wanted them worked!! I have opened and closed favorites several times and they have stayed put!!

I know I can always count on the Geeks to Go forum and the great people on there! I have posted several questions on this forum, and someone figured out a solution that worked every time!

Thank you so much!

Dusty