Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new OS...

• Please log in to reply

lark265

lark265

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an etower 366is with 32mb and a 3.2gb hard drive...I would like to upgrade (at a relatively low cost) to a new operating system (either Windows 2000 or ME??).....what would I need to do as far as memory increase? How much? Which OS should I go with? thanks...

Advertisements

dmohnen

dmohnen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You might be limited as to what you can do depending on your equipment. You should consult Http://www.micorosft.com/hcl to check compatibility of your hardware and find out what you need prior to upgrading. Never the less, I would do a clean install of winme. Winxp is really the way to go if you can.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I would get atlest 128MB of RAM and a 20GB harddrive. I would go with Windows 2000 over Windows ME, b/c ME is basicly a stripped down kiddie version of 98, with more errors. Another reason is that you dont need to go and find drivers for 2000 when install anything that connect via the USB ports, with Windows 98 you have to install these drivers before conneting the device. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 13 February 2005 - 08:45 AM.