Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best games of all time

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah they never managed to get HL2 DM to be that great, could have been good CTF is supposed to be good, single player was great though, my only wish was they had made it a bit more real in the gameplay and weapons but almost perfect other tha that.

Ive never gotten round to getting fear, i liked the MP demo and i played a bit of the SP at a freinds falt, it was good, i might get it sometimes this month if i have time, although uni is gonna be busy this semester i looked at my chem eng timetable and nearly cried at how much more i have to do this semester on top of harder maths and chemistry. Poor me no computer games make scott a very dull boy, Irritable as well i think i might actually kill someone without my virtual violence.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yeah, I played the mp demo also and opened a home server now and then. Now its uninstalled though.

It is fun.

Ya im going to be busy this semester also. Getting into binary/subnetting mathematics in cisco networking. OH what great fun.......... Already into it and the class is getting tougher. 1's and 0's oh fun stuff. Subnetting...... LOL

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
LOL, what i wouldnt give for some good computer stuff, oh well we have computer lab sessions but its ridiculously funny, excel spreadsheets by a guy that barely knows how to work a spreadsheet, oh joy.

My highlight off the week will probably be checking all my glassware for my labs is in one piece and then making a sincere attempt to safely blow something up in the lab, i just hope we dont have to do another safety review in the lab like we had to do today, not a clue what the stuff did or what it was for so the most constructive comment on the sheet was, well this valve is kinda pointy.

You should see this maths crap we have to do its diabolical, when i first learned complex numbers i just thought they were a nice novelty every now and again oh no not any more, what i wouldnt do to be doing a good computer science course.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
i cant believe Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar werent mentioned those have to be the best strategy game EVER. i played it in 1996 when it first came out and i still play it here and there, its a great game and my favorite.
Other good games,
Resident Evil Series
Metal Gear Solid
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Series
Delta Force Series is good aswell

Also i just got hl2 for christmas its an awesome game, i love counter strike source its a great game HARD as [bleep] to get good though, but those are my favs.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When you have played CS source for well over several days solid then you get ok, i play it over the summer obsesivley, i was in the top few percent of the world and climbing before i stopped playing, trick is to stop thinking and get totally invloved in the game so that you arent distracted and are totally focused on the headshot.

I like Delta force games, landwarrior was probably my favourite as it had the best of the weapons and the gfx were good, even on a crap system.

Destructo

Destructo

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

i cant believe Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar werent mentioned those have to be the best strategy game EVER. i played it in 1996 when it first came out and i still play it here and there, its a great game and my favorite.

I agree entirely, Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar were one of the best and still great RTS's. I got it back when it was $100 Canadian and i still play even after 8 or 9 years. It was the very first game I ever remember playing.

My favorite games in order from best to best but not the best :tazz:
1)Guild Wars (PC)
2)Knight Online (PC) Free MMO, knightonlineworld.com
3)Halo 2 (Xbox)
4)Halo (Xbox)
5)Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
6)Diablo 2: LOD (PC) -My very first game i got addicted to and my portal to online gaming
7)Starcraft: Broodwar (PC)

Edited by Destructo, 11 January 2006 - 08:25 PM.

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I would go for Mafia

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts

Amen :tazz:

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn (The First Ever C&C)

And Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 (The second C&C made and the best one...)

Edited by Comrade General, 15 January 2006 - 08:04 AM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
C&C is definetly up there

Advertisements

mitc1111

mitc1111

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
warriorscot: Yeah I remember the original Blood. Except for the first Castle of Wolfenstein (the one that fit on a floppy disk) Blood was the first FPS I played. And man did I play it. School to Blood to diner to Blood to bed to school to blood to diner ... If I went back and played now I would probably be disappointed, but at the time nothing was better. I remember throwing dynamite and making it bounch off walls around corners.

Then the Blood expansion pack came out. I think it was called Blood Crypt or something. The levels seemed to be huge. I think the modern FPS are so packed with detail and effects that they end up being short. I miss the long games.

What ever happened to Blood? After Blood 2 and the Nightmare pack it went away and I couldn't even find anyone who remembered it. What company was it? What engine? What did it evolve into? Or did it just belly up?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Blood2 used the Lithtech Engine and was made by Monolith.
The same people who made No One Lives Forever and of course F.E.A.R.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There ya go, so it turned into Fear i suppose that fits in the style, anothe reason for me to go get something over than the fear demos to play.

Blood was my first FPS as well actually, at least the first i can remember, i couldnt play it as much as you though as my dad banned me from playing it(lol if he could see the stuff i play now).

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Come to think of it I do remember hearing rumors that Monolith were working on another Blood game but that was ages ago before Monolith announced F.E.A.R.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz up, i cant belive none of you guys mentions "The Sims" (All of them are great)

And of cource "Counter Strike: Source".