Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best games of all time

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
i didnt like EE, it was too shallow

(build an army, thrash the enemy) I liked Rise Of Nations because it combined Civs politics with EE's war, but it still could be much better.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
EEII jas the politics i like EE because it had a bit more strategy invloved you could have big set piece battles, and in the WWII era it was good as you could have proper air battles overhead, it was good though i hate politics prefer my big guns and technology, its the same in civ politics is a means to an end really and thats build bigger guns and kill that guy, or build spaceship faster.

EE was defintley the best game from the military standpoint in that particular genre, was much better than AoE(too kiddy for my liking) and C&C(didnt introduce anything special and no formations which i like). EE was good not many people really liked it though took quite a while to play if you did it right, i didnt see it as shallow but like i said politics is boring not what i want in a computer game im afraid.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
oh yeah, i love a good battle, tho nothing will ever beat

and the newest edition to the best games

Warzone 2100

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Best game ever

1.Freelancer PC
2. Powerstone Dreamcast
3. CS: Source / HL2
4. Pokemon Blue (THIS GAME WAS COOL...I WAS 8 SO DONT FLAME)
5. Final Fantasy X

Pokemon is 10yrs old...o my

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I did like freelancer wasted so much of my life on it, ive completed it all the way through 3 times how sad is that, i only stopped playing due to castrophic hard drive failure and the fact i had done everything, i even managed to get into that mine field a couple of times after the campaign was done. it kinda got boring when you had the best guns that used no power.

I could never find the best shield graviton something only found it once at the start and obviously i couldnt get it then, and i never was able to go and get the sunslayer torpedoes as no matter what i did the red hessians wouldnt let me back on there base.

I liked pokemon yellow.

Edited by warriorscot, 02 February 2006 - 05:44 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I was playing the new Shadowgrounds demo last night and I reminded me of an absolute DOS classic, Alien Breed by Team17.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
THERE IS THIS OLD GAME I PLAYED CALLED SLAVE-ZERO I DON'T THINK ANYBODYS EVER HEARD OF IT, BUT ITS REALLY A COOL GAME.

HERE ARE SOME LINKS TO SCREENSHOTS OF THE GAME:

http://www.firingsqu...ro/images/4.jpg
http://www2.fileplan...134534ss_sm.jpg
http://image.com.com...0_screen004.jpg

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Just remembered, noone has mentioned, Morrowind! Great in scope, but not nearly alive enough. Amazing game however.

Oblivion is coming out soon!!! i cant wait, it looks so sweet.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

THERE IS THIS OLD GAME I PLAYED CALLED SLAVE-ZERO I DON'T THINK ANYBODYS EVER HEARD OF IT, BUT ITS REALLY A COOL GAME.

i actually have h eard of...and played that game..i like anything that makes you a giant robot...very simple game play...not too complex...but highly entertaining...good sound as well...just cheezy enough to rank high on the score...

i'm too tired to look through the whole thread..but did anyone mention california games for NES? that game ruled

i need help please now

i need help please now

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i played final fantasy vii for PC but never for Playstation. ........the graphics are horrible.... are they supposed to be that way? all the reviews i read said they had amazing graphics. i liked it anyway really fun game. materia system took awhile to understand

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Toejam and Earl. Loved it, if anybody finds a retro arcade version of this for PC please PM me!

Dillan

Dillan

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Halo
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2
Dynasty Warriors 4

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Has anyone played Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly (Director's Edition)?
Turn the lights out; turn up the volume because it's seriously spooky!
Even though the graphics are two years old they still hold their own today, the sound is very atmospheric and the plot is simply fantastic.
This kind of game usually is my kind of thing but this is a great game and I only hope they release the third game for the XBox.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 24 February 2006 - 03:09 AM.

Ghaleonh41

Ghaleonh41

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
These are some of my favorites:

LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX)
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP)
Mega Man 2 (NES/PSX)
Sonic & Knuckles (Genesis)
Sonic CD (Sega CD)
CastleVania Dracula X: Chi No Rondo (PC Engine)
CastleVania 4 (SNES)
CastleVania Symphony of the Night (PSX)

D-Shock

D-Shock

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Here is my list of my 5 favourite games.

1. UT2004
2. Hitman Contracts
3. CS:S
4. Call of Duty 2
5. Far Cry