Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to individual website

• Please log in to reply

Aficionado

Aficionado

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all,
first timer here. I got infected with some nasty Malware(Winfixer 2005) a couple of days ago and I think I got rid of all of it. The problem I'm having now is I can't connect to one website in particular (Lendingtree). I was able to visit it before but ever since I got infected I keep getting a cannot connect to server in IE and a server timeout in Firefox. I've tried Winsock fix, sfc /scannow, and tried to reinstall IE with no luck. Need help before I try to repair windows :) . Thanks, you guys rock! :tazz:

Advertisements

Aficionado

Aficionado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, I'm really confused now. I tried to connect from my laptop and I can't connect from it either so I'm thinking maybe my ISP just blocked the website or IP for some reason.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you tried dumping all your temp files? The lendingtree site doesn't look like one that any reputable anti malware site would block. I was able to use it and all the functions. Are any other site unaccessible? Hmmmm...

Wouldn't hurt to go to here:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
and have one of the experts review your log after you follow the steps on that page.

Johanna

Aficionado

Aficionado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just for S and Gs I went and connected to a different wireless connection and my laptop connects just fine from that connection so I'm thinking that's all I need to call my ISP and tell them to release that ip so I can connect. I mean I don't know what else to do. I posted my log about three days ago, right after your last reply and I haven't gotten any responses so I'm thinking nobody's found anything.