Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue desktop, spyware infection, antispyware scan errors

• Please log in to reply

pieceopi

pieceopi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi

my computer was consumed by spyware only yesterday. the desk top is blue with a black box in the center reading 'your system is infected with spyware. windows recommends you to use a spyware removal tool to prevent loss...' i also tried removing spysherriff through add/remove programs, it deleted but the problem persists. when i try to run a adaware or microsft antispyware beta halfway through a deep scan there is an error and the scan cannot be completed. please help

mal

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Help is available here. We do ask that you do some preliminary clean up first. See the blue ? at the top left of this forum, it has a link to our malware removal guide. Go to
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852 and work your way through the guide. This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html
Our malware expert are over there, and the will help. If you find you need their assistance when you have completed the guide, make your post in malware and be patient, they will get to you. :tazz: