Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IPOD not recognised by PC

• Please log in to reply

adventureisdead

adventureisdead

• Pip
  • 2 posts
any tips?
or help with uninstalling Windows XP service pack 2?
apparently that's where the problem is

thanks in advance

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont want to install SP2 that would be a bad thing. What did apple tech support say.

adventureisdead

adventureisdead

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i've uninstalled SP2 because apparently that messes about with your computer recognising some things.
apple are rubbish as usual, all they say to do is to reset the ipod etc. but even though it is a very common problem they have no working remedy so i may have to send it back.
anyone experienced this before or know what to do?
the ipod doesn't get recognised at all when i plug it in, yet everything else i try in the same USB slot works fine. also tried it with firewire but it won't recognise it then either.
any help would be greatly appreciated

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i would put SP2 back on, you might get lucky and it will fix it during the reinstall, SP2 is pretty esential to the safe running of the computer. Its there fault so they do owe you a new one if that one is faulty. There is no one particular fix if you look on some of the many user created apple ipod forums they might have one of the fixes that will work for you, but its usually just as easy to send it back or hand it into the local apple shop and they can give you a new one.