Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU temp = 122 F and System temp = 102 f, is this normal? Options

• Please log in to reply

tragic

tragic

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
For some reason my system is making alot of noise...more so as I use it....

is this a ok temperture?

I also have a temperature gauge on my case and it usually reads in the 80's

its a pentium 4 also...2.8 gig

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
those temps arent actually that bad....and are relatively in range....i fyour system is making an extreme amount of noise...try cleaning off the fans....making sure no wires have gotten jammed up next to them...

tragic

tragic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
thanks

well its a new system im building so they are not dirty but it could be those [bleep] power wires

but i pull them away but they always are so close...should i tape em back? and what type of tape would i use?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Use cable ties, i dont know what those temps are in real measurments(CPU temps are celsius, and i only do metric anyway, i cant be bothered converting stuff to much of a pain).

Make sure the fans are screwed on properly.

tragic

tragic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
well the fan is built into the heat sink...so its fine...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
So its not a stock HSF, that would probably mean temps should be reasonable, do you have reason to suspect there might be something wrong with the temperatures.

tragic

tragic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
well no...besides the fact ..the computer makes alot of noise compared to my dell

maybe the case is just a piece of crap

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if you try opeing up your case and take a good listen and find out whats making all the noise we can possibly see if we can help you take some appropriate noise reduction measures.

tragic

tragic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i did that...but i dont wanna stick my ear that far in..it might it snipped off..haha

but its either the hard drive or cpu