Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some things on Internet won't work

• Please log in to reply

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am at my wits end with the computer right now. Some things on the internet will not work for me. For instance on my email (which is a Yahoo acount by the way) I can recieve them but can not reply. When I go to send someone an email the box where you put the recievers name in is there and is the subject. There is just no where to type the email! I also can not move my emails to any of the folders, nor delete any! I also have a web blog sort of thing and I have not been able to sign into that at all. That problem is all on my end because I checked with the providers.

Can somebody help me?! My mom did the System Restore thing and that did not help!

Please Help!

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Try cleaning out your temporary internet files and cookies.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this from the Yahoo page

What happens when you press reply or compose

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Nothing happens when you press them. You can press them all you want and it won't work. I've tried getting into my email different ways and I always get the same result.

Is this from the Yahoo page

What happens when you press reply or compose

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is just to eliminate a few things

Set up a Yahoo account here

http://edit.europe.y...=&promo=&.last=

Leave the location as UK - UK post codes are two letters one number then one number and two letters (AB1 5AB)

Open Oulook express or Outlook and click tools / accounts to enter the details for the new account

the pop is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

the smtp is smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

click properties then tick My server requires authentication, click OK

Try sending an e-mail

Also check whether the Yahoo UK page lets you see the reply box completely