Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card problems

• Please log in to reply

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hey i got a new asus n6800XT 128mb, it worked great for about an hour. Then it continued to work, but would no longer ran bf2, bf2 would flash and shut down like when i try to run it on my other pc with a 64mb vcard. I tried everything and system restored too. windows did update but i dont think that has anything to do with it. Please help.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats your power supply.

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
350W it said that was enough. or at least i thougt it did. And smartdoctor doesnt seem to show any problems.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
List the rest of the specs, is this a generic PSU, if it is then i think it may bot be providing enough power. Doy uo have the latest drivers or the card and the rest of the hardware. You might also want to check the temps using rivatuner to see if the card is overheating.

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
asus n6800XT, 512 ram, 350w power, 80 gig hard drive.
yeah i installed the drives as soon as i installed it and it worked great. If it didnt work great for an hour i would think it was the drivers. But I agree with the power problems but smart doctor isnt showing anything and i thought it needed 300 watts or more, thats why i bought it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well depends on the PSU but on a new system i wouldnt feel comfortable with anything under 400W maybe one of the other techs will have more luck im going to go to bed.

I would still double check the drivers.

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
alright, thanks again man. I appreaciate it. Goodnight and feel better