Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help. bloodhound.w32.ep

• Please log in to reply

lorettasweet

lorettasweet

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I was just using my computer then it went nuts. 3 red circles by my clock with white x's and none of the programs would work including my internet connection. I restarted in safe mode, it wouldn't let me use f8, I had to quickly msconfig and get to safemode that way after a restart. It gives me a minute or so before the stuff takes over and locks up the machine.

So now I'm in safe mode, have ran adaware and spybot, but can't get online to do any updates. Any advice on what I can do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Using XP.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You may need to use another PC to download some or all of these then run them on your PC

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

lorettasweet

lorettasweet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you Keith. I will do that exactly.

lorettasweet

lorettasweet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
One other quick question though, since this has happened the computer wants to run something called SpySherrif constantly. I've been telling it not to run, but is this something safe to run or part of the problem?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Part of the problem