Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are you reading, is it good.

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
High, I am nearing the end of my book so other people's feedback would help for my next.
Now reading:The age of religious wars 1559-1715, great if you want a more European view of History as opposed to an individual coutry's slant on it, balanced coverage I think.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive been reading alot of Patrick Obrian lately its great storytelling.

Guest_the_tiddler -=(T)=-_*

the highway code

taking my driving lessons :tazz:

-=(T)=-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I read the highwy code once and passed my theory test. You learn the stuff you need to know on the road best.

i could never read it only once id be too scared of failing........i also use my freinds driving test software....who would have thought simulated driving could be so fun :tazz:

-=(T)=-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, yeah you dont want to fail. i wouldnt know im a pass first timers for driving oh how i enjoy to rub that in, it seems that of my last year in high school when i sat the test there was only a handful that passed first time, and none of my freinds were among them. lol great bragging rights.

im in the opposite situation most if not all my freinds passed there first time.....kinda puts the pressure on me abit :tazz:

-=(T)=-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The driving test is pretty easy, i got the worst examiner in the place and i still passed, and apparently im a rubbish driver, according to my dad mind you i think he a rubbish driver so it evens out.

If all your freinds passed then youve probably got some easy going examiners at your local test center so they will probably pass you unless you do something stupid.

somthing stupid.....thnx that makes me feel a whole lot better :tazz: just kidding thnx for the encouragement maybe im just unnecesarily nervous, ill keep you posted anyways :)

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
a lot of people fail there first time... so its ok if u do

Advertisements

thnx for reassuring me akashlee :tazz: ....have you took your driving test, did you pass first time?

sorry to hog your topic fleamailman i know this wasnt the original intent of the topic....just let me know if you want me to stop and ill continue my conversation elsware:happy:

Edited by the_tiddler -=(T)=-, 08 January 2006 - 05:49 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Feel free to write what you wish, all that is important is that I find a good book.

i only read modern classics like george orwell-nineteen eighty four....so youve probably read most of what i have soz :tazz: .

-=(T)=-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would read david copperfield, ive lost count how many times ive read it, also lord of the rings i rad all the time it gets better each time you read it, im on my second copy(an expensive hardback version) as i read my first one literally to pieces.

I read alot of junk books by good authors as i like a good story even if its nonsene so i like the david gemmel books fantasy and a bit daft at times but its very good story writing simple yet absorbing.

Dont worry if you fail the test whats done is done, but just remember up until the day if you fail the world will cease to revolve around the sun and the universe will implode around you, that way you give it your full motivation.

Best advice drive as much as you can if youre parents want to go to the shops, you drive them, picking someone up you at least drive there if not back if youre not ready for passengers, get comfortable on the road and in the car until its all second nature.

Edited by warriorscot, 09 January 2006 - 10:28 AM.