Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

98 to 98se

• Please log in to reply

RootExposure

RootExposure

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am possibly going to upgrade a system from 98 to 98SE. i would love to format the drive and do the 98se install or even 2k install. But unfortunately the customer does not want me to. I would love to pop a update CD and do the update but I only have the full second edition disk. The customer needs it for some device he purchased (I think a mp3 player but know idea what brand or model).

I have two questions,
1.Is there any way i can do an upgrade with the full disk without formatting (another tech i work with attempted to do a dirty install ontop of 98 with the se disk but I don't believe it worked)
Edited by Mod: P2P discussion is not allowed at G2G !!

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Nope.. you won't upgrade with a full install and, we don't support pirating software via P2P nor do we permit any discussion pertaining to P2P programs, etc..

Murray

RootExposure

RootExposure

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
my apologizes. Anyone have any suggestions?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

my apologizes. Anyone have any suggestions?

If your customer wants Win98SE as an upgrade, have them purchase a Win98SE cd.. No problem..

Otherwise, their option is limited to a clean install..

Murray

RootExposure

RootExposure

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
murray did you get my PM. I have been having problems sending pm's. If you didn't I have found a resolution and wanted to run it by you before i post it.