Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Errors Loading iTunes Software

• Please log in to reply

jsandora

jsandora

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've been unable to load iTunes onto my PC. I am running XP with all appropriate updates. I have tried to install this in two places. The first is as the main user (one with administrative rights). I get an error message as follows:

Error 1406: Could not write value to key \Software\Classses\.cdda\Open with lists\itunes.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to the key.

It doesn't let me proceed from there. If I try to install under the administrator, i get an error message that says something about the installer.

I've tried to contact several people on this and nobody has provided any insight. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Regedit, navigate to and right click

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.cdda

Choose PERMISSIONS

What do you see checked in PERMISSIONS when selection ADMINISTRATOR, and USER in scroll list? Is anything GREY or are boxes checked or selectable?

jsandora

jsandora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for getting back to me. I need some further explanation please. I'm not familiar with the the word "regedit".... Also, could you help me find where that file would be located? I wasn't able to find any of the folders mentioned. Thanks very much.