Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware "About Blank"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I wasn't clear. When you log onto Internet Explorer, what page are you directed to? After awhile, where are you directed to?

Advertisements

denise gueterman

denise gueterman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I open up IE I do not get re-directed.It appears that me home page on IE changes "after" I do a HJT scan and fix. ADaware detects registry errors also.

Thanks for your help.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Close all programs down, leaving only HijackThis running.
Place a check against the following items:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {016235BE-59D4-4CEB-ADD5-E2378282A1D9} - C:\Program Files\CxtPls\cxtpls.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"

Click on Fix Checked and exit HijackThis.

Post back a fresh HijackThis log and we'll take another look.

[edit] As there has been no response from the original poster, this topic is now closed. If you have any other problems, please post a new topic.

Edited by bananafanafo, 15 April 2005 - 01:13 PM.