Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer build problem

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The newer nvidia drivers are dual core supported, and did you know that you can force a game to run on one core in the task manager somehow.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, the setting is like SMP- 0 or 1 has an s in it might be sp core, o cant remember i dont have a dual core yet otherwise im sure i would know it straight away, but its an easy to access setting apparently. look it up on google i saw it when i was researching dual core.

Abram23

Abram23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello,
I installed Windows XP 64 and installed all the 64 bit drivers for all my devices. (with the exception of my D-link wireless adapter which dosn't support XP 64 yet) The problem is the games still crash. I have a hunch that it is still the video card. Is there any possibility that the memory associated with the video card could be the problem? When I first ran FEAR on the system directly after installing the new drivers it ran for like five minutes before crashing. Also, it seems to crash most when in game cut scenes happen. As a last resort, and if there are no other suggestions I think I am just going to return my video card and see once and for all if this is the problem. If anyone has any other ideas before I do this please respond.
Thanks again,
Andy