Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD worries

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Here's what's happening.

Had 2 BSOD's in the last month and a half. ( unfortunately threw out the paper on which i had written the first one on )

I had one just tonight, 15 minutes ago.

STOP Error 0x00000050 (0xFF3B1000,0x00000000,0x80598FCE,0x00000000)

Both BSOD's were related to having new hardware installed recently. However I can't see what that might be.

The two errors happened at totally different cases... The first one I was doing 8 things at once, buisness as usual, and it crashed when i tried to fiddle with my windows theme.

This time was trying to open an encrypted file using a program called Jetico Best Crypt.

The only new hardware installed recently was my LAN card. However, I used it without any problems over the christmas period. And I'm not sure if the first BSOD was after I installed the LAN card..

Besides, I installed the LAN card with the driver CD, had zero problems, not a peep from it.

The only other new piece of hardware that was added to this machine scince I purchased it is my second video card, a 10 year old ATI Mach 64 GX PCI (2MB Memory lol yes i know)

What I dont understand however, is that I've been using this second card for my dual-monitor setup for months now, scince early october, and my BSOD started only a month and a half ago.

The BSOD also say it might be because of faulty RAM. Can RAM sticks suddenly go bad, and start malfunctionning?

I'm a bit concerned... I dont like it when my comptuer starts crashing on me, I treat it with the highest respect..

I had dismissed the first BSOD, but now with a second one, questions are being raised.

Any thoughts?

Can it be the Graphics card, the LAN card, my ram going bad?

Thanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Have you checked out the BSOD guide at http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html ?
Maybe the answer is there.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I already checked with Microsoft, but my BSOD didn't give me any filenames to work with... just the stop code