Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can not install adobe 6 or 7

• Please log in to reply

ARTUMAS59

ARTUMAS59

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I am running ms xp sp2. I tryied to install 7.0 could not because it would not uninstall 6.0. I tried to uninstall 6.0 by remove programs and manualy. Now when I try to install it comes up with error: the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailabe click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package adobe reader 6.0 msi in the box below. I have now idea where there would be one. I click cancel and error 1714 the older version of adobe reader 7.0.5 cannot be removed contact your tech suppot. I tried to reintall 6 and I basicly get the same thing but the error 1714 is 6.0.1 insted of 7.0.5. please help thank you

Edited by ARTUMAS59, 07 January 2006 - 02:39 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click optimize and improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Use search to look for adobe reader, send any you see to the recycle bin and leave them there, be careful to make sure they are adobe files only, not plug ins etc installed by other programmes.

Then download from here

http://www.filehippo...acrobat_reader/

ARTUMAS59

ARTUMAS59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: still comes up ith the same errors. what is prefetch? thank you for your time

Edited by ARTUMAS59, 09 January 2006 - 07:08 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Prefetch is a folder windows uses to preload files for programmes so they load quicker, however, if you uninstall a programme windows can take time looking for the programme which goes with the prefetch files. You can look through prefetch and remove the applicable ones individually but it can be as quick to empty the folder and let windows repopulate it