Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netmeeting with Linksys WRT54G

• Please log in to reply

basketball346

basketball346

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi all and Happy New Year,

I work for AT&T replacing computer parts. I recently was shown how to use Netmeeting to remote connect two computers so i can help clients to fix problems that are located in say Chicago. Now i have a network at home that has 1 wired pc (my little sister's) and my wireless PC. I cannot find out how to use Netmeeting between the two. I send the request to her computer and it doesnt see the call and says "this user is not able to receive netmeeting calls."

I would really like to get this working because her computer goes down quite a bit (she's terrible at maintaining it) and it would be much easier for me to remote connect to do virus updating and scans rather then ask her to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

basketball346

basketball346

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok... I have set up my ports correctly and i can now control the other computer and that works fine. But the question i have is if i try to remote connect to a friend from school (to help wit his computer) will he have to also open these same ports? Or does he only need to open the ports if he is behind a NAT router?

Thanks guys,

Dunleavy