Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobil phone, MP3 ripping and cutting

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hey guys,

Simple question, does anyone use any good mp3 reencoding and cutting software for using as ringtones for a phone, ive got some software to do it that came with one of my brothers phones but it places annoying difficult to remove icons on the desktop and i think its got some spyware in it.

I want something simple as i cant be bothered farting around for ages with different settings so the bigger mp3 editing software is out i just want something that will do the job and preferably something ringtone specific as i cant be bothered with phones and trying to get them to work, just something to reencode my high bitrate mp3s into something smaller probably 64 or 48kbps, and maybe cut the crap bits out. And i preferably want something that someone else that i know has actually used there seems to be tonnes of software to do the job but alot of it looks a bit suspect.

If anyone can reccomend anything good it would be appreciated.

Advertisements