Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors installing iTunes

• Please log in to reply

helmersb

helmersb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:P I just downloaded iTunes from the website and saved the file on my computer. I opened the file and began to install it. Everything was hunky-dory until I came across an error message that said:

"Error 1406: Could not write value to key \Software\Classes\.cdda\Openwithlist\iTunes.exe" :tazz:

I attempted to retry but it didn't budge. So I clicked ignore to see if it would work without it. Then it came across another iTunes error message:

"Error 1402: Could not open key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.cdda\OpenWithProgids :)

I pressed OK and then a message:

"Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation" :woot:

It rolled-backed the installation. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have been having the same problem with Norton SystemWorks 2006 (Error 1406: Could not write value to key....such and such) :)

If there is anyone who could help me get past this and install iTunes (and possibly have a suggestion for Norton) I will greatly appreciate it! Muchos Gracias!

Advertisements