Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security issue +windows xp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guillaume

Guillaume

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Recently I have reformated my Hd... All of ya guys know we have to do it couple of time to improve the computer stability... Any Way I have downloaded one of those windows xp version on a torrent site, this version is made by thepirateden.org and I think I might content some harmfull stuff cause not a long time after that my computer started rebooting one night and apparently partition have been erased but I could have them back with normal xp original cd. So I just wanna know if any body had this kind of problem with this version of Xp. I am not desperate but, I keep beliving into a succesful re-installation and I also think it might be a boot virus... any way if you can help<

Thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm sorry, but it is our site's policy not to assist in pirated software of any kind.