Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd cd rom problem

• Please log in to reply

KS_89

KS_89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK this is wierd and i cant figure it out.

so when i try to install a game that has multiple disks and after one CD is loaded it asks for the next one,
when i try to open it to put another one in, it wont open. and even if i quit the install it still wont open, but when i restart it works fine, so it is not the cd tray or the button that is broken.

im trying to install flight sim 2004, it has 4 disks, when it says insert disk 3 is when it stops working, and i haved to quit. it did this for Diablo 2 also. but i have F.E.A.R. which is 5 disks and it worked fine.

i tryed going to my computer and selecting Eject but nothing works.

this is really frustrating so any help would be great. and if you need more info please ask.

:tazz:

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
CD Drive will not Open
8th Jan 2006

1st - Try [Disabling] the [Antivirus] Programs – While you are in the Installation Process –

2nd – Shut down PC – Disconnect & Reconnect – [Data Cable] – Both at Drive & at Motherboard - & check for bent or damaged pins – While removed –

3rd – Verify Power Connector is fully seated – and that it is the correct Power Plug & not a [Fan Only] Connector Plug –

4th – Verify – [Master/Slave] Configuration & Cable Position – Plus any Jumper Connections for Proper Position –

Jack123