Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Infected by WMF virus

• Please log in to reply

firejones

firejones

• Pip
  • 7 posts

was surfing on the net tab on firefox said The End and comp. locked up and had to shut down by powering off
now it will not boot and will not boot from disk and can not get to boot from floppy

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
can you describe what happens when you try to boot windows?

can you boot it from safe mode?

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I turn the power on and push the power on and I can hear the the hd start spinning the start reading and then it stops reading and nothing on screen , i have tried to f8 and tap del to get to motherboard software and it will not do that either it doesnt look good, I never have this happin before, I am using careone and microsoft antivirus software,to hard drive, had virus last month could not remove, use 3 different removers and fininaly restored the 3 month ago and it worked , then I was able to fix it , and then I restored to Dec 14 05 and it said I had no virius, but have been moving pic on the net to hard drive for months with out to many problems, just last month

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Why do you think this is the WMF virus?

It sounds more like a harddrive has rolled over and died.

Open your pc and remove the power from your drive....leave the other cable.

Start up.

Does it give you an error message?

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I will try that , I think wmf because right be for that I got a warning from microsoft that it was out there and I had not goten a warning from microsoft before about virus,worm two hours before

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i undid c drive and nothing , i plug it in and unpluged d drive and it booted on the the c drive were my xp ops is

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
So it booted correctly as desired, other than the fact that you no longer have the cd-rom?

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am checking for virus , but I think I lost my scound hard drive, do not understand why it didnt boot from c drive and it was working and when a storage drive did not work

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am checking for virus , but I think I lost my secound hard drive, do not understand why it didnt boot from c drive and it was working and when a storage drive did not work

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I think you attached it differently and your jumpers are set wrong on the drive...somehow...maybe the jumper fell out?

firejones

firejones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I willcheck, thanks,heckers I am using 3 virus checkers , I steal have it being hijack and shouting down to the chosing the user page, I check it in safe mode , I will keep looking for it