Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys my buddy just killed his PC apparently here's his discription of what happened.

"it was running fine with Windows XP Media Center Edition... doing my work then I went to plug in my sound wire in the back of my pc and when i looked back at my screen it was black so i restarted and it gets to the part where it supposed to recognnize my hard drive but it didnt and nothing happened"

he lives a couple hours away from me so i havnt seen it. But does anyone have any theorys on this issue? apparently nothing smells like its burning and everything is pluged in tightly. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Storm

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Didn't what? Recognize the drive? As in when it's listing the drives in the bios screen, it stops...or, does the screen blank and then nothing?

I'd say he bumped his machine while plugging in , the harddrive cable game loose. Open it up and snug the cables

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
He said

"it doesnt recognize the drive at all... it gets to the part where its supposed to load the hard drive but it just stops"

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
still leaning toward cable slipped loose

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
he said he checked them and they are tight. and nether of his HDD's are uploading, also apparently when he was plugging in his sound wire hes sound card came unpluged from its mount while the computer was on could this be the cause? cuz he plugged it back in and its still not loading.

EDIT: its also apparently not recognizing his keyboard cuz he tried hitting DEL to get into his BIOS,however it recognizes his processor and then goes to load the HDD and stops.

Edited by RedStorm11, 07 January 2006 - 11:37 PM.

RedStorm11

RedStorm11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
no ideas??