Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ASUS A8N-E motherboard

• Please log in to reply

zhannett

zhannett

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Could anybody help me?

I built a new computer: ASUS A8N-E motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, Sonata 2 case with 450 Wt power supply.However, the first boot failed: no beep, nothing in the monitor.

All the fans work, "power" button turns the power on but cannot turn it off (even after pressing it for 4 seconds as instructions say), "reset" button doesn't work either. I did the minimal boot: only CPU, memory (2 sticks) and videocard. Everything is brand new. I have checked all the connections several times, re-placed CPU 4 times - nothing!!! No beep!!!

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago with ASUS A8N5K. That time I made a decision that the motherboard was bad and I replaced it for ASUS A8N-E. However, the same sad story...

Could anybody help me???

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not really a game problem you might try posting in the system building forum.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
probably have the harddrive connected wrong or something else connected wrong.

Niku

Niku

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sounds like maybe the hard drive, or more likley the ram is bad. If not the ram, then the ram slots.