Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP + IE 6 user cannot view source code

• Please log in to reply

springbok

springbok

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,
I just started using XP and IE 6 with a new computer.

For a couple of weeks all went well, until I tried to open the source code for one of my own web pages.
I did a right click, then clicked 'view source' but nothing happened.
I tried clicking the 'View' drop down menu and then 'Source' but again with no result.

So, what have I missed? It feels like something simple but I'm finding XP pretty difficult from a settings / options point of view.
Any help would be very welcome and really appreciated.
Thanks in advance :tazz:
Springbok

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hm.. it should work, try repairing IE6 and see what happens: http://www.geekstogo...als-t87507.html

also make sure you have all your windows updates.

Edited by Numb Remxed, 08 January 2006 - 09:58 AM.

springbok

springbok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi and thanks for responding.
My PC is a Packard Bell and it came without the CD, even tho' I did ask for one instore.

Windows is set to download updates on auto but I don't know what it updates. :tazz:

The CD would cost around £81 from P Bell which seems steep as I already bought the XP system licence.

I just checked at Microsoft website and the PC has been downloading updates for IE - last one Dec 14th '05.

Question - is there a way to repair without the cd? Could IE be downloaded f'rinstance (without paying a ransom to Dell)?

Sorry to be a pest here but I need to write more html and I'm stumped.

Springbok