Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop errors

• Please log in to reply

sallen

sallen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

My system restarts every now and again. When it restarts and I click on the send error report button the Micrsoft Analysis Page says that it's a stop error caused by a device driver OR an error caused by a deivce driver.

I have set Windows to show a blue screen instead of restarting without one. The two stop codes I have received so far are:
stop: 0x00000024 and
stop: 0x0000008E

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi sallen!

Could you please give more information regarding your problem? What I would like to know is what are you doing at the time the error occurs, aka playing a game, surfing the net, using Word, etc... I would also like you to check in the Event Viewer for items that relate to the error.

Please go into the Event Viewer and see what errors occurred at the time you get this error message.

Click START-->RUN and type EVENTVWR.MSC and hit ENTER.

Look under SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS for items with RED X's that happened at the SAME time as your problem...List them here.

Fenor

sallen

sallen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi

At the time of the first error - stop: 0x00000024 - I was on the Internet.
The second error - stop: 0x0000008E - happened when my system was rebooting from the first error.

In Event Viewer, under security, for the first error it says:
System Error: 102 Event 1003
When I double click on the event under description it shows:
Error code 00000024, parameter1 001902fe, parameter2 f88f5d20, parameter3 f88f5a1c, parameter4 805633dc.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

The second error says:
System Error: 102 Event 1003
When I double click on the event it under description it shows:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805da311, parameter3 bae47a34, parameter4 00000000.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

There are no events with red x's under applications at the time when the 2 errors above are logged.

Thanks in advance for your help