Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply

Baz_O

Baz_O

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The Blue Screen Of Death pops up at every start-up...any ideas why this might be happening? Sometimes it pops up when I plug in the eathernet cable. It's not a big deal, but some help would be great. :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most likely faulty hardware or malware. Or both.

Pop to the Malware forum and post a HiJack This log just to check, it wouldn't hurt.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

The exact wording of the BSOD would be a big help.. Otherwise, we would only be guessing and giving you a couple hunderd things to check!! :tazz:

Murray

Baz_O

Baz_O

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Most likely faulty hardware or malware.  Or both.

Pop to the Malware forum and post a HiJack This log just to check, it wouldn't hurt.

View Post

Would the fact that my power supply is shot have anything to do with the problem?...'Cause my power supply is SHOT! lol

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Change power supply then!! :tazz:

Murray

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
bsod's are very often associated with corrupt driver files. Like murray said, the stop code that is displayed by the bsod is essential to proper diagnosis. right now I'm thinking its a tcp/ip problem, since it seems to be related to plugging in the ethernet card sometimes.

Baz_O

Baz_O

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I posted this same problem a couple of months ago, but never really had time to fix the problem. I'm having four different problems with my computer:

1) The Blue Screen Of Death pops up twice at every start-up.
2) When I shutdown my computer, it restarts.
3) On MSN Messenger, my computer freezes when I try to send someone a file or receive a file.
4) After I hooked up my new power supply, I hear a squeeky sound (I don't know if that's much of a problem).

I thought maybe the power supply would have to do with something, but I hooked up the new power supply last night and I have the same problems.

Yes, I know Windows Millennium is a big part of the problem and if I absolutely have to, I'll install Windows XP, but is there anything I can do to fix these problems? Thank you.