Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Spool service not running

• Please log in to reply

JAW

JAW

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am not sure what happened- the only thing I did was unplug everything to move my CPU a few days ago- Now I have no printer installed- and get the above message. Not sure if its related to unplugging or not

In Adminstrative tools >services>printer spool is started- and sometimes it is not- but its set to automatic. I have restarted it and rebooted- nothing still get the same error
Tried to thru net start spooler- and its started but still cant add printer- cant see server properties either.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi JAW!

When you moved your computer, did you note the EXACT usb port that your printer was plugged into before disconnecting it? With USB printers, you have to plug it back into the EXACT SAME USB PORT that you plugged it into before you moved it or else Windows will have a fit and the printer may not work properly as is your case now. If you don't remember what port it was plugged into, then what I suggest you do is reinstall the printer software for your printer.

Fenor