Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two mice for one laptop

• Please log in to reply

rfisher

rfisher

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi there,
I have a laptop that I bring back and forth to my office and home. So I wouldn't have to also bring my mouse home everynight I bought two mice (one for the office and one for home). One is a Microsoft optical mouse and one is a Logitech wireless. When I installed the Microsoft mouse it said that it had to uninstall any other pointing device software in order to function properly. So it removed the Logitech mouse from my system. Is it possible to have two different mice configured to work on the same computer at different times?
Thanks,
Ryan

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G rfisher

Yes it should be possible to have the laptop setup for running either mouse.
Basically, mice don't generally require any special software in order to work. I realise that Logitech in particular seem keen on getting you to install god-knows-what in terms of drivers & utilities but most of it shouldn't be necessary.

The microsoft mouse should definately work without any software.
If I were you, I would remove the microsoft mouse software (if you installed any). The mouse should work fine as it is.

The Logitech being wireless may actually require a 3rd party driver so install this if needed.

rfisher

rfisher

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks a lot, both are working fine now!!
G2G rocks!!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome :tazz: