Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software won't connect.

• Please log in to reply

tc266

tc266

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Please help. I have been trying to connect with Limewire, Morpheus and Sharebear. I can't seem to connect. I have tried to turn off things but still does not help. I have dumped limewire then tried to redownload it and now I can't load it at all. I tried to install Morpeus and as it approaches the end of install it stops and reboots my pc.
I had problems with spy & malware and you guys helped me out there would any of that have to do with my issues now?
I have or am running:
Zone Alarm
Microsoft Antispy
AVG
Spyware Blaster
AdAware SE

Not sure if these are preventing connection. Please Help

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Sounds like you have an awful lot of security on your computer.
When you have 2 antivirus solutions running at the same time you tend to get conflict.
They will ofton see each other as potential threats and this will cause all sorts of problems.
Try disabling the zone alarm, leaving the avg running, and try to install again.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Forgot to say,,,, do a full system scan with your antivirus first , then , run your adaware and spyblaster and see if anything turns up.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Sorry but please read the forum rules. We are unable to assist you with any issues dealing with p2p or bittorrent programs.

tc266

tc266

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the help.
rxkevco - I have tried that and many other things to figure this out. Still nothing. Oh well.

Numb Remxed - Sorry, I did not read the forum rules and
did not intentionaly ignore the rules.
Thanks