I get no error messages and the game only crashed once, during the dozens of settings changes and test runs.
I've been trying to get this game to work for 2 days now!
I have a 1 month old (clean install) of XP Pro updated with all service packs, the latest drivers,
reinstalled Direct X(Dec2005Ver.).
Athlon XP 1600+
NVidia Geforce4 TI 4200 8xAGP
I tried resolutions from 800x600 to 1024x768 and refresh rates from 60 to 75Hz.
I also added lines to the desktop shortcut with about 6 different resolution settings:
Example: "D:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2SP_s.exe" +seta r_mode "800x600" +seta r_displayRefresh "60 Hz
I disabled or lowered every setting possible to the lowest settings and tried both DirectX 7 and 9.
I've attached a couple of screen shots of the nightmare!