Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing the BIOS information

• Please log in to reply

billpl

billpl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello All,

I wasn't sure where to post this question so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong area and direct me where I need to go.

I am running Windows XP Pro and recently built a new computer using the ABIT AW8 Max MBd, which has no parallel connector.

My printer is an HP LaserJet 4000 that I use through my print server.

With my previous ABIT IC7 MBd I could disconnect the printer from the print server, connect it directly to the parallel connector on the IC7 and while in my BIOS print out each screen using the Print Screen key on my keyboard.

Since this new MBd does not have the parallel connector, does anyone have any idea what other ways are available to print out my BIOS information?

I've found that ability very useful when I've reformatted or just wanted to tweak something in the BIOS.

Thanks,

BillP

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Unfortunately legacy support for this would have exclusive to the parallel port and since your new board doesn't have parallel, there's probably no way to do what you want and even then if you did have a parallel port, there's no guarantee that your new board supports Print Screen in this way due to new technology and the phasing out of old methods.

You could always point a digital camera at your monitor on each BIOS screen, copy them over and print them out that way.