Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD drive does recognize any disc ...

• Please log in to reply

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
^ yes i think i have roxio applications .. but i accidently deleted SP2 yesterday and now my com is running irregularly ... the startup menu doesn't show up and there's no connection to the internet ... right now i'm using another com to post this ... can you help me, sorry for the trouble :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi hajiwon...

Is SP2 all you deleted? If so, download This Version for IT professionals and save it to your hard drive. Burn it to a cd and run it on your machine that way (you may have to open the folder and double click the icon to start the install).

If that doesn't get you connected to the internet, let me know.

If you are able to access the internet, go HERE and get the update for your version of Roxio software.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 10 January 2006 - 01:21 PM.

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
^ i can't run it on my machine with the CD because the CD drive doesn't work remember?? :tazz: i don't know why my com is not connected to the internet, but yesterday it did, even though i deleted SP2

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oh yeah...then there's that... :tazz:

Do both of the machines have floppy drives? If yes, download WinSock XP Fix and transfer it via floppy...I hope it fits, gonna be pretty close (download=1.4MB / floppy=1.44MB).

Run the application on the "broken" machine, reboot, and try to connect to the internet.

wannabe1

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
^ ok i'll try that, but the startup is sooo slow now ..
-----------------
edit:

the computer still doesn't work, it cannot be connected to the internet. and the startup menu disappeared .. there's only icons on my desktop, shutting down & starting the com is really slow now :tazz:

Edited by hajiwon, 10 January 2006 - 04:33 PM.

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
do you know what the problem is?? i tried winsock but it doesn't help ... windows media player doesn't work anymore and the sound in com is gone, i can't install it since the CD driver doesn't work :tazz:

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
problem solved
i went to repair it :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts