Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer not working

• Please log in to reply

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My computer was working fine and i ordered a new proccessor for it and when i placed it to my mobo it did not work later finding out it was fried so i refunded that proccessor. so obviously i put back in the proccessor that originally came with the computer and the screen would go blank and it freaked me out cuz it just perfectly worked b4 i put in the new fried proccessor. Now its a little weird, when i plug in the power cord the computer would start on its self without me pushing the power button and screen would be blank. But i hear the hard drive and cd-drive starting up as well as the fans. i tried resetting cmos but no luck. what can i do?

Advertisements

fnark

fnark

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Are there any beeps atall when you boot?