Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Yahoo Messenger Crashes on status change Help plz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ZinXoul

ZinXoul

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just formatted my harddrive today just to clean out my pc.I just got done installing everything back in and running updates and all that fun stuff. Its done! So I turn on my yahoo messenger. Everything works fine untill I try to right click the Icon on the start bar or when I try to change my status.No error messages nothing. It just closes out. I was reading a little on it on random forums and alot of people are saying it is caused by windows blinds, which I do have on. Then most of them say to get an older version of yahoo, but I was hoping someone knew a way to fix it on the newer YIM? any help would be appreciated thank you.

Edited by ZinXoul, 08 January 2006 - 09:03 PM.

Advertisements

ZinXoul

ZinXoul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok Nevermind I found the fix 13 mins after I posted this lol. Windows blinds has a "per application" program on it. You put ypager in and select "Do not skin". Walla! works fine again.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
congratulations for figuring this issue out, sorry we couldn't help you.

since you found your solution i will be closing this topic. if you need it reopened please contact a moderator/admin.