Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Networking issue

• Please log in to reply

IBMLappy

IBMLappy

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I cant get my computers to network together for file sharing and print sharing. In my house i have a IBM ThinkPad 600X, Custom computer, Dell, and a Dell laptop. The 2 laptops use a Netgear WG511T, the custom computer uses a WG111T wireless card. the other desktop is hardwired, to the router which is a Netgear WGT624 108mbps wireless firewall router. And i want to get mainly the IBM and the custom computer to at least do filesharing and printersharing, i have tried the networking wizard and i have the network names as WORKGROUP and they r the same on all computers but they dont show up in my network places. how do i get them to show up and be able to do what i want?

Thank You
Colby

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi IBMLappy, welcome to GTG forums, i am sure we can assist you with your problem.

I have found problems before when setting up my network that I couldnt share any files and i couldnt even ping the other users. I then found out that Windows Firewall was blocking the connection.

Try disabling Windows Firewall and see what happends

Cool :tazz: