Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need recommendations for new gaming based PC

• Please log in to reply

the Imperialist God

the Imperialist God

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

hi im new, and this is my first post. i am thinking of buying a new PC, purely for gamiung purposes. i would like suitable replies as to PC's which are within a reasonable price. please list the configurations in as much detail as possible.

thanks

- the Imperialist God

Advertisements

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
i would build one instead thats what im doing right now i bought most of the stuff and i know a lot of people say its more expensive but the way i look at it, ITS NOT. Lemme explain, first of all if you want to buy it from a store, a pretty good one is gonna cost about $800, but then they are going to charge tax which in my state is 5.5 so it all of a sudden cost $844, then you got to buy a warranty which is $150, so now its $994, and at that price you are mainly only getting 3.2 ghz intel proccesor with 512 ram a dvdrw and a crappy graphics card, so since your a gamer your going to need to buy another one instead so theres another $200, and i dont know about you but on my pc im getting 2 gb ram for smoothness so youll also need to upgrade that aswell if your buying one from a store. So i recommened building one, you can take a look at the one im building its in the system building/overclocking section, and i think its going to be really good and especially for that price. Thanks to Jrm20 for helping me BTW.

I dont meen to be rude but im just letting you know, because i know i was going to buy one from a store and i really did not like any of the ones out there for the price.

You get warrantys with the stuff you buy anyway. So i think thats the best thing to do.

~Peter