Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

free website? with......

• Please log in to reply

city girl

city girl

• Pip
  • 9 posts
is it possible? to get a free site *thats easy to use* with more than 4 web pages that isnt add supported? sorry if this question is impossible. can you get ones with tiny adds? or at least adds for nice companies and not free ipods or emotions?
:tazz:

if not, if there a free add remover thats easy to put on?

thanks

Edited by city girl, 09 January 2006 - 07:53 AM.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
this should help you out a little bit.

http://www.free-webh...ser_reviews.php

you mentioned needing space for more then 4 web pages. most web pages are only around 11kb in size unless you are uploading a lot of images or animations.

Another thing you need to look out for is the amount of bandwidth your site may use. everytime your web page is looked at it uses bandwidth. the more images you have the more bandwidth is used. So you need to look at the amount of bandwidth offered with by the hosting service, otherwise you could end up over your allotted bandwidth half way through the month.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i've used that site before it's really good

city girl

city girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
okay, I signed up sort of with 50webs, but I got this email and i cant find where to create my account or to log in or whatever, it dosnt really make any sence:

Im sure thats some mistake, but how do I log in and everything and activate the account? I need to create a password and user name to log in, but I cant find that in the email. :tazz:

Edited by ScHwErV, 11 January 2006 - 12:36 PM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Ok, I removed all the HTML code.

That email is sent in HTML, you have to enable that in your email client.

ScHwErV :tazz:

city girl

city girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
oh, I didnt know that you could do that. I thought i was alot better with computers than this. at this point in time it seems Im pretty clueless. :tazz:

thanks