Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msnappm.exe

• Please log in to reply

Pink-Geordie

Pink-Geordie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I keep getting pop ups from this file and i've tried deleting it but windows wont let me. can any 1 help me?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have messenger plus or content pluss for messenger installed?

Pink-Geordie

Pink-Geordie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes i've un in stalled it but this message still keeps coming up.
I've tries un installing it via www.msncontentsplus.com/remover.exe but i still get pop messages for msn contents plus

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...you should be able to

press ctrl alt del > open up task manager > go to the processes tab and look for the msnappm.exe process...end that process...then find the file and delete it...

i also suggest going through the malware forum

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Pink-Geordie

Pink-Geordie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've tried that i dont have a task manager and my close program doesn't display that file

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
uh.....you don't have task manager?

Pink-Geordie

Pink-Geordie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
when i press ctrl alt and delete it just comes up close program list with three options of end task shut down and cancel

there is no msnaoom.exe in the list shown

Pink-Geordie

Pink-Geordie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
can't any 1 help me? :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
follow my instructions to go to the malware forum....they will be able to get you clean

Stampy

Stampy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem on my system which was running Windows 98.
To get rid of the nagging:

1. Reboot the PC and press the F8 key as it boots to give the option to use Safe Mode.
2. Choose to start Windows in Safe Mode from the menu you are given.
3. With Windows in safe mode, I started the registry editor -> Start -> Run then type regedit
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and locate a key called msnsys (at least I think that is what it was called) You will recognize it because it is set to launch the program C:\windows\msnappm.exe
5. Right click this key and delete it. (you can close registry editor now)
6. In Windows explorer, navigate to your C:\Windows folder and find the msnappm.exe file and delete it. You will be able to do this now because you started Windows in Safe Mode.
7. Reboot your PC as normal and you should no longer be bothered with the nagging to register

I should give the standard warning that editing the registry can be dangerous and that you must do this at your own risk. If working with the registry scares you, then just skip steps 3, 4 and 5 and it should still work, as you will have gotten rid of the offending program by deleting it in step 6.