Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM recognizes DVD's but Won't play audio CD's or Burn any

• Please log in to reply

cruddy

cruddy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Geeks.....My Ram Drive recognizes and plays DVDs..But when an audio Cd is inserted, Nothing Happens..I also cannot burn anything (either DVDs or CDs).....I use Nero and have sent a couple of emails and ran infotool....I haven't heard back a reply yet...Is it possible to tell whether my burner is toast, or could it be malware/spyware....I have recently used True Sword ..It found a bunch of stuff wrong...Any comments would be greatly appreciated....

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
true sword is a known rogue spyware program...it is known to give false positives in order to get you to buy the full package... i suggest you uninstall it and use a good antispyware program... a list of those can be found in the "start here" portion of the malware forum

cruddy

cruddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks again dsenette...I have taken your advice and uninstalled true sword....I am doing the Start Here process...Do you think my burner problems may be caused by malware or is the drive simply failing?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not 100% sure but it would be best to follow up with reliable malware stuff before assuming it's not malware..

cruddy

cruddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
dsenette...merci...I have completed the start here process...I had all ready been using Adaware and Spybot...I installed the others and gave my PC a good D and C....My burner still is not recognized..Shall I get the repairman to fix or does the good Dr dsenette have any other prescriptions?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager> look for any yellow ? or !

cruddy

cruddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
10-4...No yellow nothings...device manager states everything is working properly...I have tried the microsoft help with no success, also....

cruddy

cruddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks very much for your assistance....I tried everything...and then I tried opening my wallet and buying
a new DVD Burner..I purchased the HP 740i with LightScribe ($149.99 + tax)....Works good so far...I'll keep you updated with performance experience with this burner....Thanks again dsenette.....Brent

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as bad as it sounds..i hope it was just a faulty drive....let us know if you have any more problems