Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers

• Please log in to reply

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
wannabe 1

Can I download them to this desktop,than transfer to floppy.Than put to desktop on other pc than install.

john god

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Some of these are going to be too large for a floppy, but you can transfer by burning to a cd... :tazz:

Hint...if you use the cd and are downloading from a machine running XP, extract any zip files before burning them to the cd. Win 98 doesn't have an integrated zip application, but XP does.

wannabe1

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Hi Wannabe 1

Me Again-----Having all kinds of problems.I downloaded motherboard,video,audio,& network drivers to my pc, hope I didn't mess anything up on my pc.But can't find them to put on cd to install on other pc.I opened its own folder to put the drivers to, but no luck.

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi john god...

What browser are you using to download?

wannabe1

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Wannabe 1

IE6

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
IE normally downloads to the desktop by default.

Click Start, point to "Find", and type INFINST_ENU.EXE in the "Named" box...click "Find Now". When it is found, it's location will be noted under the "In Folder" heading. Navigate to that folder and all of your drivers should be in there.

wannabe1

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
wannabe 1

There all in My Documents.WhenI go to install the install wizard come up and installs them somewhere on ""C''.Thats where I can't find them and move to cd.

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is your machine running ok?... :tazz:

You need to right click on the files and choose "Send to"...then select the cd drive. You'll then get a little pop-up by the clock...click on it to get the "Write these files" window. In the upper left part of that window is a link to "Write these files to cd" link...click on that to burn them to cd.

To move all the files to cd in one motion, click on one of them, press and hold the Ctrl key and click each of the other files you want to burn. Release the Ctrl key, right click on one of the files, and do a suggested above.

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
wannabe 1

Won't let me write to the cd.Says cannot create shortcut.The disk is a cd-r.It has the drivers on it.But will not let me install on other pc.

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you successfully write the files to the cd, but can't get the other machine to read the disk? Or did writing the files to the cd fail?

Advertisements

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
wannabe 1

I believe I written the files right. All the files say"shortcut to" the files are---- 5-9_wme_d...infinst_enu...InteILAN_v5...wdm3516b_...
tv_capture_w...When I checked the cd in this pc they were able to install.The other pc says----Problem with Shortcut----The drive or network connection is unavailable. Plus I still get the black screen, see
Post #14.

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
john god...

It looks like all you have copied to the cd is the shortcuts to the files...the actual files are still on the machine you downloaded them to... :tazz:

When you copy the files to the cd, do you get a window showing the files and asking if you want to "Write these files to cd"?

wannabe1

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
wannabe 1

No I didn't! To do any more I need to get some more cd's. How would I than go about, finding the actual files on this pc?

John God

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's set you up with a download file on the desktop and configure your browser to download to that location...that's probably easier than searching for them and hoping they are not damages or corrupt when we find them. :tazz:

Right click on the desktop and point to "New", then choose "Folder"...type downloads. Click (left) on the desktop to set the change. You should now have a folder on the desktop named "downloads"

Open Internet Explorer and click on one of the driver links I provided. When the download window opens, use the "Save In" drop down menu to select the "downloads" folder on your desktop...click "Save". Download all the drivers to this folder and let me know when you have them all downloaded.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 18 January 2006 - 05:33 PM.

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Wannabe 1,

I do have one quick question,if you do not mind...The other drivers that I installed first.Will they cause any harm to this pc?And after this is all finished,can I delete the driver shortcuts, being that I won't need them? Still working on the other downloads to the desktop.Will let you know when I'm finish.
Sorry, two questions.

Thanks again for all your help and patience,,,
John God

Edited by john god, 18 January 2006 - 06:28 PM.