Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM T43 Problems

• Please log in to reply

basketball346

basketball346

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi all! My name is Michael and I am a contractor for AT&T. We recently refreshed 36 PC's in our Human Resource Department and have been having a little trouble. Hopefully you guys can think of something my team has not.

The T43's were outsourced to a company to copy over people's HDs and sensitive data. We ordered new docking stations and memory upgrades for the computers. The problem is out of 36 IBMs , 5 of them are continually freezing after sitting idle in the docks for 10 minutes or more. We have swapped out hard drives, the memory upgrade, upgraded BIOS and all drivers via IBM's website, switched docks that we know are good, and checked the event viewer.

We are beginning to lean towards the onboard memory or systemboard for these 5 computers. The event viewer only shows one problem, and that is with our group policy for getting on our ISO domain.

If you have any ideas i really value your opinions and any help you might give on our behalf.

Thank you,

Michael

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know you pay IBM alot of money for laptops that usually includes tech support especially a large company like yours, if its 5 computers then its probably a fairly common problem and they will know how to fix it.

If they cant help you come back and im sure we can help but it seems daft to pay for something and not use it, i know that IBM laptops for other compaines come with the tech support so you should have it as well.