Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Taskbar, icons and Start Menu

• Please log in to reply

JustinTroy

JustinTroy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Here's a solution to your missing icons, start menu, and Taskbar..................

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

I just loaded this at the behest of a good samaritan. He accepts $5.00 donations so if it helps, don't be cheap.
The download enumerates ALL problems of missing Desktop things.

My Desktop has been missing for three months or more and nothing, I mean nothing, worked. This did.

1.) Download
2.) Unzip
3.) Open
4.) Restart computer and behold...

I hope it works.

Regards

Justin

Edited by JustinTroy, 09 January 2006 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
for everyone who reads this,

this is a very good sollution to this issue, however, it is not always the best sollution, and does not always work. it is always a good idea to make sure that you have the advice of an expert before proceding with most computer issues. the underlying issue that causes these symptoms can be caused by malware, therefore it's always a good idea to go through the malware forum to make sure that you are clean before attempting this fix.

JustinTroy

JustinTroy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply dsenette,

As I have posted in an previously hitherto unreplied thread, I DID scan my system w/all available resources AND I applied the suggestions of this board and none helped. It's with this outcome and non-replies from this board I turned to the link provided. It DID work as nothing else did on this board.

Regards

Justin

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you reread my post...i said it doesn't always work..i didn't say it didn't work..i even said it was a good suggestion...i just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't the only sollution...and that it doesn't always fix the problem...and as i said...your sollution would not get rid of any malware that would cause the issue....i was not saying "don't try this it's stupid" i was merely pointing out a fact that it isn't the only sollution and in certain cases..is not the best sollution