Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help...i can't open Norton or SP1 update

• Please log in to reply

dklcn

dklcn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
thanks alot for this board. Its very helpful. I've been having problems opening programs on my computer. I just bought protools for my computer and it requires windows SP1. I tried downloading it but my computer won't open it (double click, nothing happens). I also bought the latest Norton Antivirus and I can't open it either.
I assume i have some sort of virus that won't allow me to open these programs? I ran an online scan and came up with a bunch of viruses and deleted them all, however, there were three viruses that it could not delete because it said those files are in use. Please help me clean my computer up.
Thank you very much

Advertisements

ilago

ilago

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 363 posts
Hi dklcn

You need to follow all the things set out in this thread to help us track down your problems.

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

At the end of that thread are instructions for doing a HijackThis log. You'll need to post one in this thread so we can help.

After you've finished doing all the things - see if SP1a will install corrrectly. You may need to download it again if the first file has become corrupted. Let us know if SP1 still won't install when you post your HijackThis log.