Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi X1900XTX

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey people,

ATi's monster gets out of its cage, the new R580 the X1900XTX has on every body minds at the moment well its taken me over that for sure

It has a Core clock of 695Mhz and a Memory clock of 1550Mhz (As far as I know)

Oh and it also has a very nice 48 pixel pipelines to go with it! :tazz:

I also have information on rough release dates, ATi hopes to have this card released by late if not even early February, I'm not sure if that applies to the UK though.

With both Nvidia and ATi battling for a place at the top right now with the 7800GTX 512 and the X1800XT, you can expect ATi to bring this new card out with a bang and what a bang it will be blowing both those card put together out of the water, oh and I'm told that the X1900XTX is going to have good availability at launch and through out.

So ATi sits back on top at long last, or does it? You see as soon as this card is launched Nvidia are going to have to pulling something out of the bag to keep up, so what do you thing that card will be? The 8700XTG maybe? And what will that preform like?

So many question, which I'm sure will be answered at the launch of these two unknown cards.

I have a XFX 7800GTX OC right now but if this new ATi card is all its cracked up to be I will be making a very fast move to ATi indeed :)

And what do you think eh? What would you go for, stick with Nvidia or have the power of god with ATi?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nvidia dont have any major new card launches planned until june as far as i know(so 8 series is a bit away) when they are supposed to be releasing the DX10 cards with the unified pipeline technology, but i dont think Nvidia or ATI will release anything on time this year from the next gen, prices and availability on the R580 core cards will be good, they are both easier and cheper to produce than the X1800s they actually could have released the R580s last year on their original schedule but obviously they would have had to skip the R520s and they had to spend alot of money to get those working.

Im looking fordward it i look fordward to ATIs cards because even the performance which to me is better but its debatable doesnt have to be better than Nvidia its the fact that they are ridiculously cheaper and undercut Nvidia every single time on the cards. And i love a good deal.