Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft's .NET (sorry if this isn't the correct forum)

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I was just hoping someone can offer some information about .NET Framework. I installed it once on my computer years ago, when I still had Win98, and my computer crashed. I don't know if .NET was the reason or not, but I never installed it since then, even though Windows Update tells me to.

Also, I always thought the .NET Framwork offered on Windows update was for software developers and not users. But lately I've been trying to install and run a few programs that tell me I need the .NET Framework installed in order for it to run.

I'm a little confused. Should I install it? And if so, which do I install, because Windows updates gives you the option to install v1.1 and v2.0:x86?

thank you,
mike.

Advertisements