Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Source / HL2 Engine Problems

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hi all,

I have been having problems with Source Engine lately. First of all, my HL2 will start up but when at the loading screen, it will exit. Also in CS:S, I have been getting below 20 FPS on 640 X 480 with low details. I have a 1.6 GHz P4 Willamette 256 KB L2 Cache, Intel D845PT AGP 4x with outdated BIOS ( :tazz: ), GeForce 5700 FX LE with second latest drivers, and 768 MB Ram with 2 2 2 5 timings ( i think ). I have seen people with much lower specs run it at 60 FPS on 1024 x 768 with medium details. Could this be a result of my windows being destroyed (basically)? Should I format and reinstall XP, or any other suggestions?

Thank You!

Advertisements