Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my music folder and itunes

• Please log in to reply

jenny1

jenny1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, you have helped me in the past with a nasty virus issue and I am glad that you are out there. Recently I deleted songs from "my music" folder that my kids had added. I see that itunes still has the songs listed, but does not have the link associated with them. How do I fully remove the song listing from itunes for music that no longer is in my music folder? Obvious options are not seeming to work. I would like to import/or sync the entire folder, not just the individual artists. I didnt keep a list of the songs I was deleting from my music folder. thanks for the help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the links are in an iTunes folder, right click it then rename it, create a new folder with the original iTunes folder name then delete the renamed folder

If they are links in the music folder, create a new folder, press and hold down the ctrl key then left click each file until they are all highlighted blue, release the ctrl key then click move and browse to the new folder then once all the unwanted links are in the new folder, delete it